RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jagdpanzer with FPV
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 07:36 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You set-up looks very good. I want to see more. I just love that perspective. It is VERY hard to battle that way. You need a keen & sharp eye to find your enemy...and a load of patience to battle that way. I'm sure some of you have seen my tank mounted videos on YouTube, from both Danville and NEAD events in the northeast. Back in 2008 I battled against my buddy and super tanker Jimmy Kuhn who teamed with my daughter Kim. My wing-man was Dana CO of HEAT. I mounted a mini-cam on my favorite tank (Panther G) fought via a large TV in the corner. Jimmy and I fought it out in the town. It was just like the battle of Cologne(Koln) .....but this time the Panther wins the battle. Once I was sure the camera and TV were in sync it I fought via the camera only (R/R of the video).Dana and I both lived to fight another day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivDNOPrNXUE Enjoy, Bob

it is a bit fuzzy. Old school camera pre HD. The humming at around the 20 second mark is my transmitter interfering with the video as I lean over to turn on the tank.. RF/interference is enhanced indoors.

There are drawbacks...BTW. It is hard to tell if you hit your enemy, you rarely hear anything other than YOUR tank sounds and you hit many more obstructions on the field. You have poor visibility, no peripheral vision and very bad depth perception.

Last edited by thecommander; 08-19-2014 at 07:48 PM.