RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Senior Kadet ARF Covering HELP!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Lowvoltage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RealPilotAce
I wish I'd have looked in the manual first... dohh!

The manual states that ... For part number reference your Kadet Senior ARF was covered in Oracover film with the following part numbers: #10 White and #21-29 Transparent Red or #21-59 Transparent Blue.

So it looks like your part numnbers match up with what I have wich is the Ultracote covering, thanks!!! I'm sure this thread will help out others.

HANU870 Ultracote,White 1.00
HANU954 Ultracote,Transparent Blu 1.00

Thanks again!
I'm reviving this thread because I have a Kadet Sr. ARF that has been abused and miss-treated. It will fly with more things wrong than you can imagine. Well, I decided to fix it up and show some respect for the neglect. I ordered the HANU954 covering material as the replacement for the transparent blue. All of the Ultracote I have used previously had backing material on the film. This did not. I live 30 miles from Horizon Hobby. I ordered the replacement covering material on Aug 07, and received it on Aug 19. It traveled from Champaign, IL to Des Moines Iowa and then to Clinton IL. I have set my covering iron on every setting from the recommended 220 deg F to 180 deg F on the low end, and to 300 deg F (measured with a digital infrared thermometer), and I can't make the material adhere to the balsa framework. I have never had that problem before. I used two different covering irons and a trim iron. It looks like there is no glue on the covering. What am I doing wrong?