RCU Forums - View Single Post - BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 07:08 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rhklenke
I applaud Frank's stand and the fact that he made it at this point to allow guys to make other arrangements. It has become clear that at big events where there are a lot of people, if the organizers allow planes from this manufacturer to fly and someone gets hurt, the lawyers would have a field day. Frank is taking a reasonable stand to protect his investments in the hobby.

At the same time, airframe failures are not uncommon and affect lots of manufacturers. In addition, with a well-managed jet flight line, the chances of such an occurrence resulting in the aircraft coming close to people is very small. That, and the fact that there is NO guidance for CD's to make such a call makes it difficult for the average event organizer to institute such a ban - so let's not pile on them. The fact that Frank has done so will make it easier for them to follow suit...

Bob
I agree with you Bob. It just so happens that FEJ seems to be the better "documented" brand. Doing this must not be easy, as it dicards many modelers who have not had issues.