RCU Forums - View Single Post - BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 05:16 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Maybe an opinion from a non jet guy. I have some interest in this simply because I am a composites tech by trade and yes some of the pictures I have seen posted screams loudly to me that they do not have a good understanding of structural composites.

That being said, I too applaud FT for taking this step. Sure other jet manufacturers may have their issues however the FEJ issues have been much more publicized. That in its self is reason for concern in my book.

Having inspections or allowing Jets with " fixes " is a bad idea. For one, you can't inspect what you can't see. For two, slapping some CF on a part is not a fix. From what I have seen and I will just use some opened up stabs as an example. From what I saw when looking at those stab pictures is that the fundamental design was flawed. No way to fix. Anything added would simply move the stress riser to a different location that would become the failure point.

Either way IMO it's the amount of bad press FEJ has gotten in the past year or so that would give a ton of ammunition to a lawyer representing someone who was injured or lost a loved one.