RCU Forums - View Single Post - BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 08:04 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VF84sluggo
Wonder if other "major" jet rally CD's will follow Frank's lead? Heck, forget "major"...how about CD's at any jet rally?
Sluggo,

One year ago, I went on record on this forum, banning all HC constructed FEJ jets at any event I CD'd. Admittedly, my event is not "major", but I remember the amount of nasty PM's I received, and funny enough, from some of the same people who this year are now applauding FT & Joe C's action. What a difference a year makes! Words that come to mind: Vindication, "Time will tell", "Better SAFE, than sorry"

Seriously, I am very glad to see FL Jets and BITW step up. Hopefully, other CD's across the country will take note. If CD's at "Major" events aren't willing to take the risk, why are you?

I know that there are some pilot builders with the expertise and skill to modify these jets enough that they "seem" airworthy, the problem though, is how does a CD manage or quantify that info. No one is saying you can't fly your FEJ, you just can't fly it at events where the risk of collateral damage is enhanced.

Definitely a step in the right direction!

David S