RCU Forums - View Single Post - BANNED: Fly Eagle Jets from Florida Jets
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 02:45 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd

If we do not field test new technology, the current technology will never advance. Without field testing new technology (e.g. honeycombed components, DSMX, telemetry, etc., etc.) the components made available to us will never get better and/or become less challenging. Without the challenge the aspect of the hobby, the hobby may even die. For me trying new tech is fun. W/o new tech to try, the challenge of flying jets seem somewhat boring. And,.. companies that provide new technology take risks. Sometimes the risks do not payoff. Sometimes the consequences spell demise for an unresponsive company. But, they may just figure as long as we keep buying the riskier stuff, why should they change?

Mr. Todd, that was a well thought out and articulated post.

In the highlighted paragraph above lies the fatal flaw in your reasoning in this case. Although true, pushing the limits and implementing new technologies is not only wanted, but necessary to improve our hobby, indeed, the very world we live in.

FEJ introduced a new way to produce and market RC jets. The "new" and "challenging" way they decided to produce them was in new ways for RC jets to disintegrate in flight.

And successful they have been. Overwhelmingly so.

A reasonable approach would be not to fly a product that has a very high likely hood of destroying it self, onboard electronics and fuel and, certainly around crowds, other people.

A jet rally is certainly a place to show off new tech (new tech that should've been tried elsewhere first) but is not a place to show of new tech that shows off the aforementioned magic disintegrating R/C jet.

And lastly, the CD is THE BOSS. What he/she says is law at their jet meet. Although I have my own thoughts on the good ole boy which is FT, when a guy is right, he's right and you have to give it to him. Good for you FT.

Originally Posted by smaze17
Ok, this seriously made me laugh
DubD took us to Jurassic park on that one! LOL!