RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should we ban Diesel fuel
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike I'm sorry... but spills should NOT happen all the time. As I mentioned, I fly on sod fields. Many times we have to set up on the grass it self.. but We don't have any burns that indicate there have been spills? Now granted we don't have 10 jets with kero or diesel or what ever..cause honestly it should not matter what your putting in the tank, but we do have MANY gasses and they don't dump fuel all over the ground... The point being we are very careful not to over fill. I know that many jet guys like to have their overflow on the bottom of the jet. This might be something to consider changing. Even though the vent line appears empty.. it will still spit fuel, hens the need for the overflow tank and to perhaps move the overflow connection inside as I have mine(then you will see people paying close attention). As Blair mentioned earlier... filling your tank to the very top is not a good idea either.

I think that people had it to easy when using the kero.. Spill some fuel...ohh well. Now that has carried over to people that use diesel, when really NO spill should be acceptable. For sure its that way at my club. Doesn't matter what fuel.. People need to pay more attention.. bottom line.

Last edited by Vettster; 08-30-2014 at 01:19 PM.