RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch building 105" WS S Connie L-1049 (Pics added)
Old 09-06-2014, 02:58 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Props4ever
Well guys it's seems as I don't have that desire in me now days to fly this bird. I have been procrastinating on couple things to finish on it but it's not in me to do so anytime soon. I'm guilty of saying it will be done in couple weeks over few times but reality is I'm very afraid of losing it and it will hurt me a a lot God forbid if it happened!. This bird means a lot to me and it costed me In thousands to build it not to mention years it took to be built, so maybe I'll get over this hard step n will fly it before the end of this year, time will tell. Lately it feels as if I'm pushing myself to finish her up and that feeling just puts me off. I really don't know what it is but it is what it is. Hope some of you guys can understand my feeling.
Props4ever,

A major part of the reward in scratch building is the rush you get when you fly it. The only way that happens is investing your skill and many hours of the design, engineering and building process of the beast. All scratch builders go through the exact same thing. When I get stuck on a build, I find that it works best if I just suck it up and get out in the shop and get building. It has always paid dividends.

Make sure you do your homework on the control system installation, power system, wing/stab/thrust alignment and CG. Nothing to be afraid of.