RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fear mongering? AMA members with airman certificates?
Old 09-23-2014, 02:09 AM
phlpsfrnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top_Gunn
And yet, under FAR §61.15, your airman's certificate can be revoked for an offense involving driving a car under the influence of alcohol or a drug, even though (sport pilot certificate aside) you don't need an automobile driver's license to fly, and even if you did, §61.15 doesn't turn on whether the motor vehicle offense cost you your license.. But they probably can't ding you for driving an RC car badly. Yet.
I'm aware of that and that includes any kind of drug or alcohol offense, not just a drug or alcohol driving offense. My point was, did you read anything in the PL 112-95 SEC 336 or the FAA's interpretation that could be perceived as a threat to an individual’s airman certificate of any rating like the AMA is implying? I think it is very much a stretch using this type of tactic to garner comments to the FAA interprtation of PL 112-95 SEC 336.
Originally Posted by JohnShe
I find every one of AMA's seven points to be filled with misinterpretation and scare mongering.
I'm in total agreement with John on this.

Frank