RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fear mongering? AMA members with airman certificates?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Really? That sounds more paranoid that reasonable. Usually the FAA would not get involved until after a complaint is filed. The only question that the FAA guy could ask is, "Are you endangering the NAS in some way?" If you aren't, then you have no problem or concern.
JohnShe, you do bring in (1)some good, (2)some funny, and (3) some items rather less than knowledgeable of the real world that we live and work in. One of these items (3) is IMO, the FAA Air Carrier Inspector . There are all kinds of personalities working for and with FAA. I have survived all kinds. Most are very much as you state in post #50.
On the other hand there are some that are looking to make a name for themselves. Like where I live in the country, there are a fair supply of copperhead snakes. I am outside frequently, I have to clip trees, burn brush, etc. and keep the snakes off the porch areas and away from my big barn where they try to get into. Some folks that come by are afraid of the 9 shot .22 revolver hanging on my belt. You would probably call me paranoid. However none of my kids and grand-kids or such or company ever gets bothered with my ways, None have been bitten or even close to a snake. Several have seen me clip a head at 50 feet away, when the head pops out of tall grass or bushes.
So, MR JohnShe, watching all kinds of persons around you, and your staying aware of their actions can make for a happier tomorrow. Keep your airplanes flying, and not in someone else's car as "evidence". Maybe rub some of that paranoia on yourself.