RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 10-13-2014, 02:01 PM
mogman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer a few of the questions posted here....

I converted the 77 to gas as everything else I have is gas @ 32:1 so only 1 gas can. Haven't use glow fuel for years, other than a couple of tanks when first running the engine.
Adrian made no mention of changing the carb "O" rings, I've only run a couple of 16 oz. tanks through and no issues.....yet. Having to lean the needles quite a bit on gas.
The timing set up is comprised of 3 parts, 1...the sensor ring which is a press fit over the front snout of the crankcase.
2..the prop drive washer is 2 parts, the drive washer and a magnet ring which is set-screwed to the prop driver once the timing has been set...straight forward job.

The only drawback that I can see is if you have a prop strike, and the drive washer moves, you have to go through the timing procedure again. Good incentive to keep the prop off the ground.

The ignition box is a little bulky as it has 7 plug leads and whatever else is in there. When Adrian finalizes the box it may be smaller. Mine is serial #5. When you first look at the magnet ring it has eight magnets, but is a 7 cyl engine. Magnet # 8 is to re-set the firing sequence in the computer. 1-3-5-7-2-4-6..repeat

As for the price, please contact Adrian at CH....it is not cheap!!!

This 77 will be going in a 1/4 scale Fleet model 2, which will be one of my winter projects. More power than I need, but that is what the left stick is for.

I bought the radial for the looks and sound, went to gas, not because it may have or not have more or less power, but because gas is all I do.

I'll try to post a picture soon.

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited by mogman; 10-13-2014 at 02:38 PM.