RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fear mongering? AMA members with airman certificates?
Old 10-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Is your yard right at he end of an airport runway? That is one way that your scenario could happen. I suppose there are other scenarios where a full size plane might have to fly that low. But, it might or might not be in violation of FAA regulations for full scale aircraft. If you had a spotter on hand, you might have avoided the collision. In any event, you are talking about a long complicated investigation, in which your need for legal advice would likely impoverish you, So don't worry about your license.
Don't forget about crop dusters. They are not limited to pure Southern crops. I have watched them at work in mid USA. along with close to Jetero RC Club here in NE Houston area. I have driven from Houston area to Upper Peninsula, MI, for last 18 years, using different routes so I get to see some great "dusting". Every so often one can see an RC airplane buzzing the area.
That trip is about to end. Selling my lake-front place up there, but still will be going to Chicago area (Arlington Heights) and Madison, WI each year. WHY? Grand-kids !