RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fear mongering? AMA members with airman certificates?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
The airspace classifications are not actually called the NAS. All reference seems to be unofficial. The name itself says it is a system. The FAA does not have rights to make rules to unnavigable airspace (though they can expand it), therefore the NAS does not go to the ground execpt at and near airports.
Sport P. using your own web info. in an earlier post, there are several definitions for "National Airspace System". I chose this one:
"National Airspace System (NAS):
"Technology / Aviation / National Airspace System (NAS) / The common network of U.S. Airspace, Air Navigation facilities. equipment, and services, airports or landing areas, aeronautical charts, information and services, rules, regulations and procedures."

That kind of malarkey can be transposed into numerous things in a court of law.

Plilipsfrnk has done a world of work providing all this great information. He is correct in that work. OTOH, you, Sir, are more interested in some feeble attempts to be the expert. As for me, I really don't give a Da_n about all the BS crap as it will change on a short basis as time goes on. Finally things will get in order. The big business drone companies will get their ways to sell machines, RC airplanes will hang around, maybe CL will get popular again, RC Gliders were flying out-of-sight some 50 years ago, FF was shooting way up before i got into it around 1955.
I have flown jet aircraft within the "Airspace" from all over the USA including Alaska,(Up to 48,000 ft. MSL and down between mountains) lots of over Gulf of Mexico,(Some at windshield with salt water spray altitude, up to 40,000 Ft. MSL) Atlantic Ocean, Spain, Morocco, et.al. and I have not yet had any serious problems with the definitions of Airspace. Above 18,000 ft MSL, the altimeter is set at 29.92 for all flying. At low altitudes the altimeter is set for area numbers. It keeps a lot of aluminum all in one piece.

I have had 2 USA Court systems with the FAA. (They lost both) Various people have liked some extra cash. How the "L" do you think AMA finally got the 72MHZ frequencies released back in Dec. 1981?
IMO it is time that we all got back to getting the AMA back on track for being a model airplane business, trying to keep our sport active and alive and stay within the boundaries of what the FAA brings down. The old saying of "You can't fight city hall." is an accurate one, however many "City Halls" have been agreeable when certain kinds of "How about ________ ???" It can be done!
Some of the population may need some more information concerning aviation discipline. That is something we all can share.

Last edited by Hossfly; 10-22-2014 at 08:45 AM.