RCU Forums - View Single Post - "experts"
Thread: "experts"
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Great topic, As for myself I love to help others. The way I look at it, every success is another nail in the foundation of our hobby. There were a few key individuals that saw enough in me when I got started to help me when I needed it. I like to give some of that back. Bob and I I think are in the same boat. We have been flying and building at a high lever for many years and have a great amount of experience to share and are happy to do so.Now comes the issues. Human nature is to accept the answer one WANTS to hear. When the answer is contrary to what someone wants to hear that person will search until he gets the answer he was looking for. It matters not that he was given the correct answer from the get go.The other issue is when that happens, in the past I would try to defend my answer by explaining where I gained the experience that supports my advise. That typically leads to me being called self promoting and a blow hard. For those who know me, that could not be farther from the truth but that's the label that gets applied. The end result is that when I see a topic where I think I can be of some help, I do so. If someone comes in and does his best to dis-credit me, I leave the thread. This has lead me to not offer help as much as I used to.