RCU Forums - View Single Post - "experts"
Thread: "experts"
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 08:21 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason I am concerned about noobies reading these conflicting opinions is that I sense that this great hobby of ours is declining markedly, and when the current folks are gone, who is going to perpetuate the hobby? If we, as seasoned veterans of the hobby, scare young folks or any noobie off because we can't agree on the simplest of points, we will have nobody to blame but ourselves. Just dare to get on the engines forum and ask for opinions on, say for example, Evolution engines and see how opposed the comments can be. All from people who claim to really "know". This has to really confuse a new guy who is honestly trying to figure out what engine to buy as his first nitro engine. If I didn't already have very definite ideas about Evolution engines from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I would have no idea whether to take a chance on one or not. Sadly, I believe Jester is correct in saying a lot of folks who have never owned an Evolution engine would give their opinion, making it sound like fact from their own experience.