RCU Forums - View Single Post - "experts"
Thread: "experts"
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM
rcjunky67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say 7, one of the reasons I log on to this forum is to learn from the rest of you. I have been an automotive technician for 22 years now , and , believe it or not one of the sources I turn to when I can't find the answer's I need is GOOGLE!!! When you do a search for a problem, or a specific issue involving a specific automobile, you will most likely find a "FORUM" for that type of car or truck . And find other's and their experiences with the same issue for that specific type of vehicle.

Do I consider myself an expert, not hardly , but I do know how to use information. It's just not always easy to find what you need,and I've got the scarred knuckles to prove it. But just having one more place to look sometimes does the trick. Believe me , the automotive industry as a whole has way out paced this hobby as far as change goes. And while not impossible, it can be very difficult to keep up with. Which is one of the reasons we should think of the person asking for help,more than of our own ability's or ideal's and how good or smart we think they make us look. We all have certain things we can do to help.

All that aside, I guess my point is simply,there is seldom only one right or correct way to get the info you seek, so having a multitude of different sources ,i.e. post, can be deemed most helpful. I think we must all keep in mind that as custodians of this great hobby, we should ,all of us, try our best, to remain true to what we loved about it so much to begin with. And do our best to pass it along.