RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heli stuff and fellowship
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 04:09 PM
matty_p80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jim and everyone!

long time no speak! hope you all are in fine fettle! things are just pretty normal across the pond: i have changed aircraft types and am now working on the Lynx Mk8 with the aim of getting onto the new Wildcat which is the Lynx replacement! might have some work in Cyprus or Maylasia on Blackhawks again but we'll see!

as for my herd, i still have the Robbe Moskito's ( x 3) which don't get much of an airing, my mainstay and fave - my Logo 500SE and have just purchased the Hobby King Assault 450 but with a caveat that i didn't purchase directly from them but from a guy on e-bay who had imported a couple! after my last experience with their LiPo's and their appalling customer service i refuse to use their online services!!! that said, for £140 GBP it is quite a lot of heli for the buck!!! what a quandry!!!!

i have lost one of the herd: i managed to crash my B400 after the tail just blew out and a guy at work is just getting into the hobby and was looking to get a kit, so i sold him the B400 (might as well have been a kit as pretty much everything was damaged) with ally case and oodles of spares for a very reasonable £50! i give him about a month of flying and he'll be wanting a FBL system as he's been bit hard by the heli bug! :-)

Been hankering to get my own business going on UAS' doing aerial photography but the cost is the prohibitive thing! need to win the lottery i think! ha ha ha! over here the CAA have decreed that anyone doing it for any form of reward must have a BNUC-S qualification (Basic National UAS Certificate - Small Unmanned Aircraft) which is everything bar getting into a real aircraft!! where my local flying field is, they also have a business building and teaching RC helis and multirotors and they're already a practical assessment centre but they hope to have the ground school going fairly soon! it will still cost me but at least i know them!!!!

not much else to report! life goes on, still don't have enough helis and definitely not enough money for the ones i already own! family is well and my daughter is 8 1/2 yrs old now and growing like a bean shoot!!

big Matty hugs to all and hope everything is splendid for you!

Matty