RCU Forums - View Single Post - New transmission from ETO Armor
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 01:23 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Gentlemen, I just received some excellent news from Bob Held. On 02 September, after checking with our local Post, I sent a parcel to Bob with a Sherman and King Tiger transmission. We had hoped that the parcel would arrive to him before the Danville meet. On 09 09 the parcel was sent to USA after wending it's way from way down here to Moscow. On 24 09 it was returned to Moscow as 'unacceptable origin'. That same day it was sent right back to USA. Since then neither I nor Bob has heard a word of this parcel and I figured it was gone. Miracle of all miracles, the parcel arrived to Bob yesterday. While this has to be the most heavily traveled parcel ever, from Sevastopol to Moscow, Moscow to NY, NY back to Moscow, Moscow right back to NY and thence to Bob in NJ, at least it finally arrived. Another parcel will be leaving for Bob next week with more transmissions. I can assure you this one will not take almost 3 months to arrive.

Bob will install the KT set in his JT this weekend and give it a test. Hal Husker also has a set of KT transmissions now and he is having them tested as we speak. I await both reports.

We will be doing another tank run at Battery Museum in early December and this time we will have a dedicated photographer who will video the event. I will post that vid the moment it is available. Work will commence on the battlefield and the biathlon course the first week of December at Battery. Biathlon course will be built first, it will be behind the main Museum building. Hard stands are being built there to display various vehicles and ordinance and the biathlon course will be built between them and the main building. The battlefield is planned at the moment for an area on the east side of Battery grounds at the base of a slope from the actual battery location. That will be a good location as it is accessible from a small road coming from the main road in front of Museum, ergo we won't have to schlep all the tanks and goodies all the way across Museum facility and then down to the battlefield. The area is secure, being inside Museum fence and the plan is for, at the moment, an open air battlefield with covered work areas for the tankers. I will keep you up to speed on the construction as time allows.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4997fg.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2049034   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0398a.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	2049035   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0401a.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	228.0 KB