View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 05:44 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Rob ,

I 100% agree that the negative actions of posters attacking other posters with different views IS forum poison and serves the Truth no good !

A site such as the Truth , with it's unique "anything goes" ethos , faces it's biggest problem in that it's not just companies who get bashed/praised , it's the fellow posters who hold different views that get skewered as well . As we all know , this drives folks away . One thing I try to always remember is that we are all RCers and wouldn't be here unless we were , and it's darned rare for everybody to agree with everyone . The ugly comes out when , for example , someone praises a company or site that someone else has had a bad experience with and the disgruntled take that as "open season" on the fellow poster . I've certainly been guilty of this in the past but realized how foolish I looked barking at everyone and anyone who put the letters "H" and "K" in a positive light . This was seen recently over there as the guy Pat was defending his friend Frank Murocflyer and again the ugly came out . Pat's friendship with Frank has exactly nothing to do with Pat's "modeling cred" as the theme of that thread devolved to . I happen to think Frank IS a decent sort who is doing his best to put RC in a favorable light and I do not think he is the self aggrandizing showman that some there think he is . Either way , like Frank or not , there was no need for that thread to get to the "I build more than you so my opinion matters more" bit of ugliness that it did .

I saw the error of MY ways in attacking people who disagree with me on line . Changes nothing and wastes much time . I may still respectfully disagree with ideas or positions held by people , but have no use for the kinds of personal attack dealt to Pat when he spoke up .

Kinda sad how respect and common courtesy really ain't all that common in the faceless abstract of the online world ........
Well said Init.
I admit to finding Robs opportunity to point out the negative rather disappointing but the Truth of the matter is that of the few that still post over there, there remain a couple that have a very different outlook but that is life in general anyway.
I did also like though Rob, how you responded over there, tastefully done.