RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft Passion
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 07:56 AM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sungho,

I am now up to about 35 flights and have continued to tune the throws and such. I'm really enjoying flying the plane. We finally got some sunshine and blue sky the other day and the pink shows up very well in the sky. I took out a bit more of the elevator throw by moving the clevis inward on the elevator servo arm. I feel much better about the radio setup and CG. I have left the CG at about 113mm. A couple of people have flown it of various skill levels and an encouraging remark from an Advanced pilot was that the airplane felt very easy to fly and solid in straight lines. I have managed to fly the airplane through the "P" pattern at a slower pace and closer (150m). During this experiment I tried some very slow uplines and airplane wants to begin to pull to the wheels. A slight increase in upline velocity and this went away..apparently a thrust element is overcoming an aerodynamic element. I am not skilled enough to fly the "F" slow and close..

My typical battery usage (170m) is now at 3000-3200mah.

The plane still impresses me with its lower than expected drag. This is not a bad thing, just unexpected, as a result this plane is much better than expected in the wind. A good friend pointed out that the flying stab is likely to have much less drag than a traditional stab/elevator setup. I see that in some pictures of the Passion kit planes there was a thick rudder trailing edge? Was this only on the prototypes? Was it used together with any stab fences or as a substitute for the stab fences? Did Akiba try a thicker trailing edge on the flying stab?

Have you guys considered trying an SDC 3 blade (20x13)?

Best Regards,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2291.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	939.7 KB
ID:	2056954