RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me?
Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 06:03 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Thisstrangeengine
I haven't had dial up for like, a hundred years...LOL I have high speed cable and a wireless connection. Could be my anti-virus...
haha,,I know it was a joke,, Ibobi asked me that when I spoke of the slow download pic speed a year ago (see link), the site used to reduce file size on upload, since the new vBulletin, it no longer does that, anything over 1m I don't bother, just takes too long

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
RC Ken S---L---O---W here I have a digital HD and RC Groups loads instantly. Haven't had a no load in about a week. Cheap server?
My thoughts for years, this is the only site I have these issues too, it never happen before the server swap they said they did a few years back

Originally Posted by OldRookie
RCU down about an hour.
This just happened to me when I was reading this thread.
I was going to go back using the arrow on the web address bar and it timed out trying to load the page.
This started about 8:32 AM Central time on 12/31/14 using Firefox browser on my PC. The message in the lower left corner read "waiting for www.rcuniverse.com".
I finally was able to get back on RCU at about 9:37 AM. During this time I was able to log onto RCG anf FG. Also played a couple of YouTube videos.

Greg
It's be my suspicion that the servers kicks you off after you've been browsing for a while, when you first log on everything is fine,,the longer you browse the site the slower (longer the "lag") becomes until eventually it just locks you out and you need to close your browser, wait a while and try again,,, then the cycle starts again.

Edit,,, got locked out twice trying to edit this post, had to close browser, wait 15 minutes.

Running Chrome, High speed cable,

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 01-01-2015 at 06:41 AM.