RCU Forums - View Single Post - mono-coat
Thread: mono-coat
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 05:33 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mono-coat

Well santa was good to me I think, back in june I was T/T my bro out in ca some ware in the conversation I said I wanted to replace my old Dragon Lady as it is 22 + years old I quit counting flights at 500 about 10 back so you figure. Any way I got a G/P Extra 300 the week before Christmas, and I know it was discontinued about 2years back, Do to a full bench did not open till to day. one thing missing the MANUAL so I down load one and print. In the first paragraph it tells you to take a covering iron with a sock at HI heat and re-srink the covering well I have never been a fan of monocoat, lots of little bubbles,
So I am following the instructions, but the bubbles are not going away, so I dig into the wife's sowing box and find a silk needle and punch some holes in the bubbles, and hit them with the iron again now I have a lot of little wrinkles. Did this to the under side if one aileron so not a big deal. oh no seams have pulled.

So the question is how to do this ? what is the thing with monocoat, I have never used it was always ultra coat I would hate to have to do the whole bird this way.

So any help or suggestions

And thanks in advance

Cheers Bob T