RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA now recruiting State, and Local Law enforcement to enforce interpretation?
Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gunradd
I for one dont mind this. Was only a few months ago on patrol we almost had a midair in our Bell407 police helicopter in class B airspace at 1000 feet at night with a quad copter. We also had another guy flying a big flippy floppy Gasser right next to the airport in class B airspace. We got both of the guys and all we basically could do at the time is tell them not to do it again. The guy with the quad was pretty surprised when he landed and a few police cars pulled up lol.

This area where both of these happened was near the approach to an international airport and in class B airspace. When people do dumb things like this it needs to be stopped.

Lets be honest this does not affect us at AMA fields following rules. If your at a crowded park and want to fly your 3D helicopter you might have some problems and you should. Local law enforcement has their plates full already and are only going to do something about people being dumb.
I think that these people don't really believe thay are creating a hazard ... they need to be Trained Some how. There has to be some way to get to these people before something does happen. Maybe AMA could contact all the hobby dealers around the world and have them add some sort of WARNING to all their products that they could be subject to fines and jail if the product is proven to be used in a dangerous or hazardous manor.