RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA now recruiting State, and Local Law enforcement to enforce interpretation?
Old 01-11-2015, 09:46 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Andy again most not all of the law enforcement officers I know will use common sense and realize your not putting anyone in harms way. The problem areas are the heavy populated areas that have people flying FPV in controlled airspace. We almost had a mid air and NYPD aviation also almost had one. Law enforcement needs the education to be able to stop these people. The guys on the ground don't understand the airspace rules and just how dangerous it is.

At Tampa International we have a small beach near the end of the runway. Well someone decided it would be fun to add a crap load of string to a big kite and fly it right in the approach to the runway. Is he breaking a law?? Not sure but its reckless and dangerous.

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
I see what you are saying about AMA fields following rules. What about some of us who have local permission to fly at full scale fields? Is this going to be affected by some yahoo who calls in complaints to the FAA?

Thanks,
Andy