RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here we go!
Thread: Here we go!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 10:00 AM
JW0311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Yep, we can hope to instill "responsibility" either by rule of law and/or education but accountability requires neither... I am sure true accountability provides the greatest deterrent for irresponsibility...never have figured why so many people have trouble understanding that.

How does one teach accountability? Or is it even possible? It should be obvious to these folks that how and where they are flying is dangerous. Do they not realize it or do they not care? I had a conversation with a psychology professor once. I asked her, at what point in our education system do we teach critical thinking. She told me, and this was about a year ago, that we begin teaching this skill in graduate school. In the US we don't teach critical thinking until graduate school. I was floored. Is this part of our problem? We are not able to think past what we are doing right now. I want to believe that some of these folks will wake up and give some thought to what they are doing. Again, maybe wishful thinking.

James