RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Skygate Hawk in the house !
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 08:13 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toti_ducati
I finally got my cockpit its hand made with a working dash anyway it weights 4 lbs and I i need a 1 lbs of lead to cg at 310mm.
would 5 lbs affect the flying badly or is this the goal of the others owners to stop it from flying like a foamy. Mine now uses a 200 sx with smokes batts in front no cockpit floats a lot now .would the 5 lbs mean death?
How much does the carf cockpit weight?
i can get away with less tail weight if I place the batts in the back with the tanks but the idea scares me.
I have the factory cockpit with a skymaster pilot. Not sure what it weights. I started with two 2cell 3600Mah life batteries in the front behind the nose gear. I now have them behind the mains and increase the size to 4100mah size. I also have one 2100 3cell life under the back seat for the turbine. 2 very small lipos for gear and lights right in front of the fuse joint. I didn't add any extra weight.

I have 64oz smoke on top of the factory 5 liter main tank. Radio gear including the D&L control box, cortex gyro is coming it a 58LBs wet.

It still seems nose heavy. It will not wheelie very far. I really like the way it lands. It may seem floatie to some but I like be able to get in and out of tight fields.