RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Skygate Hawk in the house !
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:56 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toti_ducati
It took 60 % just with gear down and full flaps can someone show the template of the i ntake restrictors
Toti I have 5 liters of fuel on board and 1.8 of smoke. The gear does squat when fully loaded. It has no problems taking off with full load on my 48lb Kingtech.

On my restrictions that I installed in the intakes. I started out with making a plate that fit up in the back of the intakes right about where it starts to curve and open up. I put a slot in the middle to allow some air to make in. It was to much blockage. The turbine was sucking the doors up and canopy under full throttle (I posted a youtube showing that). It was hauling the mail and didn't slow flight as well as I would like. I open up the slot and added some more holes to get to a happy spot with speed and landing.

I have seen some of the guys building a adjustable plate at the back in of the intakes. I read somewhere when they did that I would sometimes split open. It is very thin there.

If I had to guess it was about 60% restricted.

I don't have the pictures with me but look back in the thread my post 566. I used epoxy board from Dreamworks to cut them out from and epoxy them in.

Last edited by jws_aces; 01-21-2015 at 11:59 AM.