RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to offer guidance to a friend who thinks he has RC figured out
Old 01-23-2015, 06:54 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe this is a far more common situation that many just do not realize and I think we have lost more folks unknowingly to this 'Right Stuff' syndrome.

No one is born knowing how to fly the type of aircraft that we are talking about and of course we all know there must be a learning curve. It is that learning curve or any evidence of it that folks with this attitude would do anything to avod. We have all seen the brand new folks who would rather cut off a leg than be seen with a: trainer airplane, instructor/mentor, buddy cord.

Well there is a way to eliminate that 'buddy cord' its called the cordless buddy cord and avalible as an optional plug in for certain Futabas and is included with all the versions of the inexpensive Tactic systems I even now use an inexpensive homemade unit for certain of the Hitec radios. The use of these cordless systems absolutey has a direct affect on most students but really shines on those who have the 'right stiff' syndrome and helps get them through all that initial silliness.

When these system first came out the were ridiculed by the instructor community but what a mistake that is. The four of use at our local field only use cordless systems and would never go back to being hardwired.

I believe Jester that this could very much be of benefit to you with this individual. If you want more reading search right here in the beginners forum to the thread "its been a long time coming"

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 01-23-2015 at 06:59 AM.