RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why not move on to R/C ?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 04:58 PM
sigrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why not move on to R/C ?

I have a question for Control Line pilots though, is there a limit though to the flying manuevers one can do. Wouldn't you get bored being able to have such a small envelope of flying manuevers.
Perhaps you're encumbered with a severely limited perspective exacerbated by a strong personal preference bias, plus I suspect, influenced by a tinge of irrational R/C elitist nonsense (?).

Or to put it another way to reflect that, don't you think R/C is boring? After all, all R/C pylon pilots do is fly around a rectangular course at full throttle, and your average R/C sport flyer has exhausted his entire envelope with a loop and aileron roll....if in fact he can manage those.

I suspect that most here who fly C/L, and particularly those who fly only C/L take umbridge at the intonation of the original statement veiled as a question that C/L is flown by dinosaurs suffering from dementia or those not bright enough "move on" to R/C.

The question itself is silly, and one doesn't have to look for what the original poster was seeking by how he framed his question.

As for why? Take up the C/L FAI F2D challenge and see how "boring" it is. Compared to flying a FMJ on LJRs or the quest for fastest circuit qualifying lap on a 250GP bike, F2D rates the same pure adrenaline punch compressed into 4 minutes, albeit without the physical danger or expense. Exciting yes. Challenging yes. Boring...well that depends upon each individual's perspective.

Personally I find all model aviation racing events boring be they R/C or C/L, even when participating. Spectating, I'd rather watch grass grow...but there you are. To some, they become so obsessed by their chosen interest that their perspectives are narrowed and their lives become all consumed by it. As for those R/C Pattern or C/L Stunt fliers who become equally fanatical...better we don't even go there.

We're all individuals. There is no inferiority superiority afforded by either R/C or C/L , only a fashionability which affects those same silly people who depend upon their sense of worth and acceptance from others from being seen in the right label clothing, wearing the fashion of the moment shades and displaying all the other status accoutrements endorsed by the 'cool' people pushed by marketing monkeys. The salient question really is why not move on to C/L? [8D]