RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS .10 for control line?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 02:21 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can answer this question simply, as it will depend on the layout as well as the structure-a flying wing combat model with open structure will carry a lot more area (on the power of a .10) than an all sheet 'conventional' trainer.[that being said-putting a 10 on a combat model designed for a fast racing 2.5 might well yield a docile model-the 09 sized combat models were just as manoeuvreable on the power of a 1.5 as their larger brethren-just a bit slower!] Speaking of the latter 'conventional' trainer approach-there is the perfect answer on Hippocket-the Australian 'Too Up' trainer (originally a kit by PriceRite engineering)-and specifically designed for the OS .10 (it shows one on the plan!)-the plan is downloadable from the Hippocket site. It is 900mm span and they quote the wing area as 16.24 sq dm and an overall weight of 550-600g. All sheet, conventional layout (looks a bit like a profile fuselage Goodyear racer) [personally I think it would be a bit underpowered on an OS .10.....but what would I know, I've never built or flown it!]
I do like the TOO-UP design though, as it is big enough not to be thrown about in the wind-and has enough area to glide rather than fall out of the air should the motor stop inopportunely......

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'

Last edited by ffkiwi; 02-10-2015 at 02:26 PM.