RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 Blade props
Thread: 3 Blade props
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 09:39 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Hi Jer,

The Allure flies well at whatever speed I've tried with the Contra. Mark Hunt had this plane before I did and had the Neu motor w/ single 2-blade prop before Bryan and I (really Bryan did all the work and I just got to be the pilot) converted it to the Contra. Mark said that it flew great at that "speed" as well. I guess what I was trying to say is that the Allure is a huge plane and has plenty of drag built in to the airframe. Although the Contra unit lets the airplane fly very consistent speeds, the inherent drag of the plane will also help so. if I can get similar performance out of a 3-blade prop, I would be interested to try it. I've watched Brett and Bryan fly the glow prototype and its speed is fine. Honestly, I haven't tried a 3-bladed prop on anything since the old Conquest 120 days and certainly not on an electric F3A plane. The props are being billed as the "poor man's Contra". It would be nice to have similar performance between both of my Allures without the expense of another Contra which I simply can't do.

I have not considered the Vario prior to your post. I will look into them. I appreciate your time.

Regards,
Scott

Last edited by smcharg; 02-12-2015 at 09:46 AM.