Thread: 3 Blade props
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 11:55 AM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
Chad,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. As you know, I have the prototype Contra Allure and have really enjoyed both the airplane and Brenner's Contra unit. The consistency in speed and power is quite nice. I have my Allure coming on the first shipment and have debated exactly what to do for power on this plane. Bryan has decided to sell me the prototype (it took awhile but finally, he agreed) so I will have two of the same plane. The cost of having 2 complete Contra units is not something that I can afford. I've been thinking about trying a 3-blade prop on my production Allure to see if I could get it close to the way the prototype behaves hence the question. Either way, the Allure will fly at a good speed due to its size but I thought maybe a 3-blade solution may be the answer.

Joe, I appreciate your input as well as ltc for the eCalc reminder. Thanks guys!

Scott
Hi Scott,

I think that the 19.5x13 is certainly worth a try for you, on the few flights I have had so far (winter you know!) I really like its speed presentation. So I think if you are going for a similar presentation to the contra it will certainly be closer than most of the 2 blades that I have been flying with, which are generally a little faster, especially on the downhill bits.