RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes
Old 02-12-2015, 01:59 PM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blake26m
Hi Jason,

Not sure why that is happening. Is it a new motor? I was running the OS ESC on a standard Hacker C-50 14lx drive with no issues. I have since gone Contra with the Neu motor and OS ESC with no issues so far. What is your timing and khz set to? How do you find the contra so far?
The motor is from the 2006/7 season. It was in one of my '07 Worlds planes for sure though. I've got it set per how I set it normally with the 6.7 gearbox on. And after trying my old Comp-99 (same year as Comp Hacker) and talking with Brenner and a few others, we believe that my contra has an older style clutch. I just received my updated clutch and will install it in a few more flights (almost have 50 flights on it). I've read where re-greasing after 50 flights has gone up to more, but for the first 50, it's a good excuse to clean it, install the new clutch and just make sure all is going well with it.
So far I like it. I still have to fly more unknowns to make sure I can hammer it if need be and not run out of battery.