RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ CRAFT new plane Invitation...
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 10:14 AM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would be worth trying the gas glow plug, can always go back to the ignition. I also think its a good idea to try and keep these planes as light as possible. We spend $100's to save an ounce some times, $13 seems worth a try.

The 33 with the hatori canister turns the 20.5x10 apc at 68-6900. Gives pretty good down line braking also which surprised me. Canister weights a couple ounces more then the pipe. Teflon couplers and steel clamps are heavy also. Vertical is pretty good, would get a little slow in long upline maneuvers pushing, pulling the radius at the top, especially on hotter days. I'm flying the masters maneuvers, fai it would be a bit tougher. Cooler days wasn't much of a problem.

My wood/foam pentathlon, weighted in at 4900g. I've got it down to 4840 now, with the plug would be in the 4730g range. Could make a difference.

It's really fun flying 2 sequences and shooting 10-15 landings. Hard to believe how long 2.5 gallons will last. I'm gonna try some different things this summer, the pipe, 3 blade, added a longer throttle arm to see if I can get better throttle response. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by rm; 02-18-2015 at 10:16 AM.