RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a buggy

I got the Xterminator last week. I am 3 tanks through break in, so I don't have much of an opinion yet. It was assembled well, and for what it's worth I really like it... Stay tuned. Break in will be finished by next weekend and I will run it around.

(This is not specific to this website)- but anywhere you go, people will counter opinion everything and anything. Sort of Coke vs. Pepsi.

For example, I needed some new glow plugs for the Xterminator since I got the wrong ones for break in. I went to a mom and pop type hobby shop and asked for glow plugs. 'Whats it for?' 'Xterminator' I replied. He rambled on for 45 minutes about how XTM sucks, the Xterminator sucks, Hobby people sucks, and their parent company sucks.

I was like ***? I just spent $350 bucks on the thing, and so far I like it. Even if he has a great shop and good products, he should have kept his mouth shut. I will not return there now. Even if the Xterminator does suck, I may buy an OFNA later on- but not from him. Don't tell me my $350 car sucks- let me find out for myself!

I guess the moral is- if you find something you like, get it based on how you feel about it because 300 people will tell you it is great, and 300 more will tell you it sucks.

There are exceptions, but I think all of these cars are pretty good, fast and fun with good part support.