RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Skygate Hawk in the house !
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 11:31 AM
topiwala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H guys.
Move now completed 10 flights on mine. For the last 4 flights I've had restrictors installed. It has made a subtle difference in flight characteristics. The model feels more fluid, less draggy.
However, with my model I have discovered a couple of things which may help you.
1. In the 10 flights to date I have had three takeoff attempts of concrete/Tarmac runways. In each of these cases, I have had a flame out on takeoff roll. I do not have this problem taking off grass. Just concrete/ Tarmac. Just to confirm that this wasn't a fluke, I landed on concrete/Tarmac only to suffer another flame out on landing roll!!!!
So the symptom of flame outs only on concrete can surely only be static build up. So I've grounded all landing gear, to the engine casing and fuel tank. Easily done. Just hoping this will work.
But why the issue only on concrete and not off grass??
2. The main landing gear retracts are mounted with long self tapping screws, per the manual. On one of my retracts, these have started to pull out. Self tappers are a real bad idea for such an installation. The retracts need to be bolted. I kind of knew this would happen when I was in the build stage. I should have done something about it then. Oh well.

Are you guys seeing a lot of free play develop in the mains retracts with the struts down and locked? Is there a way to fix this?