RCU Forums - View Single Post - Insane Rules
Thread: Insane Rules
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 08:19 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insane Rules

I just read a thread on another site where a guy complained about receiving an incomplete order from a hobby vendor. Before they would honor his claim for reimbursement they told him he had to weight the package and take photos to show the missing item. The company rep backed this up saying it prevents fraudulent claims. So I have to wonder what's to stop someone from simply removing a part and then taking a photograph and weighing the package. Besides the fact that many parts are extremely small, there are variances in scales and it's very possible not everyone even owns a scale.

That is the most stupid set of exercises I have ever heard of. In thirty years or more never once did Tower or Horizon ever ask me to weigh or photograph a package. Of course in thirty years I only had one broken part from Tower, and one missing part from Horizon and one defective transmitter. In each case they were rectified immediately with a single phone call to the vendor.

So why on earth would anyone make up such stupid rules that are simply beyond any logic, and yet people still put up with that nonsense to save a dollar even though they wind up paying twice as much to ship the stuff back. Happy savings cheapskates, you got what you paid for.