Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Insane Rules

Old 03-10-2015, 08:19 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insane Rules

I just read a thread on another site where a guy complained about receiving an incomplete order from a hobby vendor. Before they would honor his claim for reimbursement they told him he had to weight the package and take photos to show the missing item. The company rep backed this up saying it prevents fraudulent claims. So I have to wonder what's to stop someone from simply removing a part and then taking a photograph and weighing the package. Besides the fact that many parts are extremely small, there are variances in scales and it's very possible not everyone even owns a scale.

That is the most stupid set of exercises I have ever heard of. In thirty years or more never once did Tower or Horizon ever ask me to weigh or photograph a package. Of course in thirty years I only had one broken part from Tower, and one missing part from Horizon and one defective transmitter. In each case they were rectified immediately with a single phone call to the vendor.

So why on earth would anyone make up such stupid rules that are simply beyond any logic, and yet people still put up with that nonsense to save a dollar even though they wind up paying twice as much to ship the stuff back. Happy savings cheapskates, you got what you paid for.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 AM
raptureboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me guess, first letter H and the last G Only buy from the USA warehouse.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Rob2160

Returns or claims for reimbursement shouldn't be that complicated.

By comparison. I bought a Drone flight controller from CNCHelicopter last Friday - the owner called my cell phone 5 minutes after I placed the order (to confirm shipping address was to a hotel)

I also paid for fast shipping - it arrived Saturday afternoon.

Unfortunately the GPS was faulty, I emailed CNC, received a reply within minutes telling me to ship back the GPS and provide a tracking number.

I posted it Sunday and sent tracking info to them - Monday morning they shipped me a new GPS which should arrive tomorrow.

THAT is the way to do customer service. Good Job CNC Helicopter! http://www.cnchelicopter.com

Last edited by Rob2160; 03-10-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:14 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

The reason they do it is, of course, very simple. If they make you jump through enough almost impossible to do hoops, most folks will give up and abandon their claim. That is their hope. It is an absolutely sleazy way of doing business. And we all know who you are referencing.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:29 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Gee, what Company could this possibly be??? Please tell us Topspin
Old 03-10-2015, 12:34 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
Returns or claims for reimbursement shouldn't be that complicated.

By comparison. I bought a Drone flight controller from CNCHelicopter last Friday - the owner called my cell phone 5 minutes after I placed the order (to confirm shipping address was to a hotel)

I also paid for fast shipping - it arrived Saturday afternoon.

Unfortunately the GPS was faulty, I emailed CNC, received a reply within minutes telling me to ship back the GPS and provide a tracking number.

I posted it Sunday and sent tracking info to them - Monday morning they shipped me a new GPS which should arrive tomorrow.

THAT is the way to do customer service. Good Job CNC Helicopter! http://www.cnchelicopter.com

No that IS good customer service and there is no reason on earth that other companies could not do the same thing.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:36 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
Gee, what Company could this possibly be??? Please tell us Topspin
Well I can't say right off the top of my head but I do know that they have stated for the record that proper packing and handling of customer shipments have nothing to do with customer service. And all this time I was under the impression that customer service was a tooth to tail paradigm.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:24 PM
countilaw

I made an order from my usual mail order supplier, Tower Hobbies. When the box arrived, it had a fist size hole in the side of the box. After inventorying the contents I found several small parts missing. I called Tower to reorder the lost parts. (They were probably floating around somewhere in a truck or post office warehouse) When I tried to order the missing parts the customer service rep would not let me pay for the parts, He said that he would get the parts in the next day's mail. You can't get any better than that!

Frank
Old 03-11-2015, 12:06 AM
ira d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper View Post
The reason they do it is, of course, very simple. If they make you jump through enough almost impossible to do hoops, most folks will give up and abandon their claim. That is their hope. It is an absolutely sleazy way of doing business. And we all know who you are referencing.
JollyPopper is 100% correct weighing and photographing proves nothing, It's just the way this company operates and I won't purchase from them either.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:01 AM
wnewbury

I bought 2 receivers from China. One of them proved to be a lemon. (defective) The company didn't ask me to weigh the package but they did ask for a video of the rx not working. So far, so good. I also sent a photo of the shipping envelope to prove I bought it from them.

Their way of refusing to replace the defective rx was by claiming they were unable to find my order number. Even "Winnie" couldn't find it.

Lazer Toys replaced a missing part immediately, at no charge.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:07 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by wnewbury View Post
I bought 2 receivers from China. One of them proved to be a lemon. (defective) The company didn't ask me to weigh the package but they did ask for a video of the rx not working. So far, so good. I also sent a photo of the shipping envelope to prove I bought it from them.

Their way of refusing to replace the defective rx was by claiming they were unable to find my order number. Even "Winnie" couldn't find it.

Lazer Toys replaced a missing part immediately, at no charge.
They are a local vendor to me, not surprised you got excellent service
Old 03-11-2015, 07:50 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Your joking, right. A company that sends a customer defective merchandize is one I would avoid in the future.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:59 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by flycatch View Post
Your joking, right. A company that sends a customer defective merchandize is one I would avoid in the future.
aaah,, I beleive he's referring to two separate vendors in his post since Lazer Toys isn't in China
Old 03-11-2015, 11:43 AM
CafeenMan

Amazon is pretty awesome. I know they aren't a "hobby" vendor but I ordered a non-hobby item from them and received the wrong item. I made the claim online and they shipped the correct item immediately before I even shipped back the item I received. The next morning UPS picked up the incorrect item from my doorstep. It doesn't get easier than that. I never even talked to anyone. I just signed into my Amazon account and went to the order and selected "Return" and chose a reason why. They redirected me to a packing slip and shipping label. Took all of ninety seconds.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:04 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This week, I had to take and post a 10 min movie showing that the item is defective. The item won't ever blink to say it is ready. I bought brand new from the company. I paid for 2day shipping. They are paying for return shipping (woopy dee doo), and will repair, not replace my brand new item. I want a brand new one... I paid for a brand new one. Their defect is not my problem.

I wanted to pay for immediate shipment of a new item and then be refunded when the defective device shows up at their facility. I think that is fair.... No they ONLY repair the items, not replace a warranty issue. Then it will be another week return. This is an American Company...

Not Happy

Last edited by on_your_six; 03-11-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:10 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Originally Posted by on_your_six View Post
This week, I had to take and post a 10 min movie showing that the item is defective. The item won't ever blink to say it is ready. I bought brand new from the company. I paid for 2day shipping. They are paying for return shipping (woopy dee doo), and will repair, not replace my brand new item. I want a brand new one... I paid for a brand new one. Their defect is not my problem.

I wanted to pay for immediate shipment of a new item and then be refunded when the defective device shows up at their facility. I think that is fair.... No they ONLY repair the items, not replace a warranty issue. Then it will be another week return. This is an American Company...

Not Happy
Name the company so others' won't do business with them.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:36 PM
JMCHASE

Have you ever heard the one " If we do it for you then we have to do it for everyone?" I got that one this week. I will say customer service with Horizon is top notch. I also have respect for Hitec. what i hate is when vendors outsource to overseas. I purchase only from companies that have in country customer service.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:30 PM
wnewbury

The China company that treated me wrong sells Lemons, hint hint.

Lazer Toys is an American company that I would recommend to everyone.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Rob2160

The new GPS arrived and it works perfectly - it really gives me confidence to use and recommend CNC Helicopter to others when they resolved my issue so quickly and without fuss.