RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Full flying pivot location thread
Old 03-17-2015, 12:25 PM
edgeflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so now I have even more questions. So you are saying that there are options for the hinge line, but everywhere I've read about stab pivot location pretty much states 20-30% of MAC. If choosing the swept hinge line, would the stab pivot need to enter the fuse at the hinge line angle to make it work? There is a pretty big difference it appears between the locations of the two so my question is do they use different mechanics (ie angles) to allow them to work with such different locations along the MAC line? I am accustomed to the pivot being perpendicular to the root as well as this being the scale configuration. I just want to learn as much as I can about this as well as make sure I get my pivot in the correct location. So if I am understanding correctly, I should put the pivot point line 90 degrees to the MAC line, not parallel to the leading edge as I have it in the top picture (which is why it looked wrong to me). So the red line in the bottom picture is your eyeballed location of the stab pivot with a conventional hinge line? I will draw this in CAD for accuracy as well as send it to Dan for more visualization and confirmation. I wasn't going to disclose this but maybe it will help shed some light on the subject. This is an A6 stab. I was told by a "very knowledgably" person to put it in the full scale position but I don't have a full scale A6 to measure.