RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why not move on to R/C ?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 07:17 AM
Old Sourdough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why not move on to R/C ?

Strykaas,

I have tried to avoid responding to this thread. I can no longer do so. We control line flyers have been asked this question or very similar others (When are you going to graduate to Radio Control? It's more like flying the real thing. There is nothing realistic about control line flying.) for years. Your question, "Why don't we move on to radio control," seems to insinuate that Radio Control flying is a logical, advanced stage of model aviation, and that the person who chooses not to avail himself of the opportunity to do so is less advanced or less skilled than those who do. Most of us are tired of the questions of this ilk.

Whether it was your intent or not, your question did give the impression that you were one of the elitist snobs to which SIGRUN refers. In an attempt to avoid a bit of controversy at this relatively new part of RCUniverse, I did avoid a response until now. I only hope that this post does not stir the pot more thoroughly.

Others have provided reasons why they (primarily) fly Control Line, so I won't add more here. Their reasons are basically my own.