RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS .15 mods
Thread: OS .15 mods
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 07:00 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks CP, you've been a good friend among many others in our sphere of interest. I'm compelled to elaborate on some of my cranky posts over the last few years.

At the age of 13, I lost my Dad, just one year after getting my first engine, a Cox Babe Bee. I was building a free flight Spitfire for it, ( ya I know, but I was a kid) and I was looking forward to having him see it fly. At 23, I lost my step dad, a great guy who encouraged and financially supported my efforts in the hobby. At 40, I lost my youngest brother, 10 years my junior, who had a strange malady that the doctors couldn't figure out. He was sick for ten years and all my disposable income went to his care. By 60, two more brothers succumbed to cancer. Not through with me yet, fate dealt me another blow and that nearly finished me. Combining painkillers for a lifetime back problem and sleep meds makes you lose perspective and common sense and that's when I'd go on a rant about something, or nothing.

Right now, I'm dealing with withdrawal from these prescribed drugs and I wonder sometimes what normal feels like. It seems that doctors aren't trained to recognize side effects of the drugs they so freely hand out, never mind withdrawal symptoms. I get a lot of support from benzobuddies.com

One thing I DO know for sure is that IF there's a heaven, my people are there. And IF there's a heaven, there's a hell for those who dropped the ball on them, didn't care, covered up their incompetence or acted with a total lack of compassion. Healthcare givers, my ass.

Myself, I like to think that there's such a thing as re-incarnation. I would love to go to a jungle planet and be a 15 ft, blue giant with carbon fiber bones and riding flying dinosaurs. Any time depression starts to creep in, I watch Avatar and get a real boost of hope. One of the best Sci-Fi movies of all time, in my opinion, I must have seen it over a dozen times.

As I start on my dozen or more bagged projects, I hope to get the old fire back. Your encouragement is much appreciated.

But aboot SSC, what the heck is survivable about it? What was the concept?

And now you're flying DIESELS ??? Seriously ?? Can you give me some numbers to compare with my Norvel .15 conversions ?

I've often wondered why the Norvel glow .15 is such a dud. Could it be that it's really a diesel in disguise ? I had a very early one, much mileage on it with no pinch at TDC but nice snap over when flipped. Despite that, two drops into the intake and it would fire off, every single time, BY HAND, on the first flip. This was on open exhaust, it didn't behave so nicely with a muffler.

I have NIB, Norvel .15s, both RC and non-RC. Maybe I'll make another diesel head and give one a go. Napalm in the morning? Nah, KEROSENE in the morning, that's what I love. ( sorry neighbours).

Last edited by AndyW; 04-25-2015 at 01:02 PM.