RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glow Plugs and older engine.
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 05:43 AM
erwabo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I confirmed the Saito engine is an FA-91, but as many of you wise men have said...its in need of cleaning. ITs pretty gummed up and dirty, so before I do much else Im going to get these back to a factory shine and try from there.

Another thing I discovered last night on the OS Max 60. When we started with it, it had REALLY good compression and a nice rotation, then it started to stick on the down stroke, almost like the prop shaft was getting caught and it was REALLY stiff. I took the whole engine apart and dumped about a tablespoon of old fuel out of the engine and jsut started really working the shaft to free it up and it felt great. This morning after sitting all night, it almost feels like a it "sticks" twice. The first time its nothing, and the 2nd time is the normal compression and I can hear and see the piston moving. Could that have still been a result of being sticky fuel causing that, I dont want to try and start the engine if there is any danger. Is it at all possible to have cranked the prop and then somehow screwed up the timing or tolerances in a 2 stroke engine?

Thanks again to everyone for all your help for a new guy. Its been a great learning experience and Im actually really enjoying working on these engines. It will be quite rewarding when I get one started.