RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why not move on to R/C ?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Old Sourdough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why not move on to R/C ?

Strykaas,

I took no real offense. Addressing an offense was not the purpose of my post. I was merely trying to point out that your original question appeared to be one of those demeaning jabs at those of us who fly primarily control line as opposed to those who run headlong into Radio Control.

An elitist snob, in the context of these forums, could be a model airplane hobbyist from any discipline who puts down any other discipline within the hobby while attempting to extol the virtues of his own. Your original post seemed to put you into that category. I apologize for inferring this now disproven fact.

While the Internet can be a fantastic tool for commerce or the exchange of information, one of the big challenges with using this and other electronic forums to share thoughts and opinions with folks who don't know our various perspectives, habits, personalities, etc., is the fact that we often have real trouble comprehending what the other person actually means with a given statement or question. I think that we all need to remember this and be very careful with our posts, at least until we know each other better.

An additional 2ยข worth of clarification and pontification.