RCU Forums - View Single Post - STICK Brotherhood!!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 12:43 PM
N410DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Day
A few pictures of my 'new' to me, GP. Big Stik. Bought it used, it had not been crashed, but it needed a lots of work. I actually flew it the first time for a friend with an O.S. 160 on it and it was OK. But when I purchased it I wanted a gas motor.
After reading many post on these monsters I learned that a DLE 30 would be sufficient for power. I am familiar with this motor, as I have the same motor on a Goldberg Sukhoi, pictured elsewhere in another post on Goldberg models.

First was to do something about the tail wheel mount. I used a Dubro large bracket and ran the tail wheel shaft all the way up to the fin. I use this mount on all my planes and it works very good. Next and the biggest problem was to move the motor forward to prevent having to add so much weight as ballast. Typical short nose long tail plane. But if you look at the spec's is was built around the Fuji 32 which is a very heavy motor, like 10 oz's more that a DLE 30. I wound up moving motor ahead about 1 1/2" . Along with two 6v. batteries under the fuel tank I think I only had to add about 3-5 oz's. to the nose but that was better than the solid one pound with the 160.
Then the nose and the wheel pants changed the entire looks of the plane. The best part of it is that since it is such a long, nose to tail, plane it really flies great. Big wings help too. Ready to fly it checks out at 14 lb's. But the DLE 30 does not know it as it pulls it vertical as long as you want it to go in that direction.
Sorry about the upside down pict. I could not find a way to remove it.
You don't often see a Stik with a cowl. Looks nice!