Thread: Clancy Lazy Bee
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 03:28 PM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clancy Lazy Bee

Finally !!!

Got the engine for the Lazy Bee this past weekend. I decided on the OS .15LA engine and ran 8 oz. of fuel through 'er on the engine stand Saturday. Spent the rest of the day installing the engine, gear, and connections to get ready for the maiden planned for Sunday (the next day).

Took 'er out to the field, checked all systems and it was a go. Everyone at the field thought she was "cute" and stood back to watch the first flight. The winds were super kind, just right for the maiden. After the "usual" pre-flight photos were taken, I fired that puppy up and took off. Takeoff was uneventful, and after what seemed like an eternal roll out, she finally came up off the deck and was airborne.

With a couple of clicks of elevator and rudder she was trimmed out and flying really well. Performed some slow loops and a few crazy rolls and got about 10 minutes of flight time in on 2 oz. of fuel. And that was with running the engine pretty rich to help with the break in. Flew several more flights with out incident.

All in all, the Bee is a hoot and is like nothing that I'd ever flown before. A very slow and docile bird that gets a lot of looks, laughs, and comments from the spectators - all of which are good. I keep telling everyone that the Bee looks more like something that you should play in the tub with instead taking out to fly. That usually gets a laugh as well.

Here's a few pics taken before and during the maiden.............
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35140.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	67876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31108.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	67877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78738.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	68.3 KB