RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Integral with DLE35RA
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 11:23 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drac1
Can you convert the 4 bolt to a single bolt adapter?

I would start with the same size you are running now. I think you need to be around 7K on the ground.
Several years ago Itried to use the single bolt adapter on a DLE. The thing weighed about 3 ounces. I had just spent quite an effort to lighten the engine by about 4 ounces so putting back 3 just didn't sit well.

I kept to 4 bolts except I spent some more money and converted these to titanium.

APC narrow hub prop may be a problem for the 4 bolt prop mounts. APC makes a couple large hub props that will work except these are even heavier and not a real solution.

The DLE35 is a very sweet runner and will work fine on most any 2 meter current pattern plane. Not as strong as the OS GT33 but how much power do we really need? I admit tho that the 33 is something else and is my favorite by far particularly on the ESComposites pipe.

Some folks think you never have enough power. Well, my piped 55 cc Delta experiments from a couple years ago proved that theory wrong. I couldn't throttle the DLE55 low enough for useful pattern flying. BUT I didn't try a really small venturi on it which might have been the real problem solver.