RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP from RCTANKAUSTRALIA
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 09:34 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
I've sent an email to Kevin and I'm doing my best to get one ordered this week. Mine will be the base version ($149 as opposed to $174 for the Asp Plus) and as soon as I get it I'll do an evaluation. I already have the 9X radio that they recommend (they say you really should have at least an 8 ch TX). I've been waiting a long time to try this out in my favorite airsoft Tiger One, the S33 that I do all the videos on. Right now it's on stock Taigen electronics.
Keep us posted. I have done some reading on this, and it sounds a little dependent on the Turnigy 9x radio programming and software. I will be interested on how you make out on the set up, and will be interested in how it compares with the IBU2 you have. Up until now I have bought and tried every system out there, but I am going to pass on this one so will be counting on the review of others.

My initial concerns are initial set up and ease of use. How much radio programming is necessary and is it possible to use this with anything less then 7 channels. Does the $174 unit give you full IR compatibility with Tamiya? And of course I am interested in the engine sound mapping to see how convincing it is in motion.