RCU Forums - View Single Post - What has happened to Hobbyking?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 05:57 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi LDM ,

Thank you for agreeing with me about the dark turn this and all other HK threads end up taking . For sure , some love em and some hate em , but what is it about HK in particular that gets folks so riled as to say nasty things to each other ? I'll freely admit that for a short time I too allowed myself to get sucked into the anger and a few of my posts were real ugly as well . One day some months ago it was RC Ken who told me in a PM ;

"Look , like where they shop or not , these are your fellow hobbyists your talking to here , would you really argue so much at the field ? About anything ?"

And you know what ? That struck a chord with me ! Right then I realized that yea , there is no way I'd berate a fellow flyer at the field for using HK , so why do it here ? We would serve ourselves well to keep this in mind when posting to remember there is a fellow hobbyist on the receiving end of all these posts , and as such we all deserve better than to allow a conversation , ANY conversation , to devolve into what this thread turned into .

Like I said , I ain't Mr. "High and mighty" myself , having been involved in the fray in times past . But damn , guys , at least I'm tryin to break free of the meanness and really keep it to the topic subject . Sure ! Go right ahead ! Bash or Praise HK as much as ya want , but this bashing on each other gotta stop , before enough animosities are formed that no one will want to talk to anyone here anymore .