RCU Forums - View Single Post - ATT. Gas engine Gurus OS Max GGT10 CC or 15 CC
Old 07-24-2015, 05:52 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bcolici
Mattnew whats the weight of your Eagle 580 fueled and ready to go?
Btw i loves me a tumbling machine.. Thanks for that bit of info.

Also for this size gasser are the standard size servos needed? I was thinking more like a mid size to shed some weight or low profile
The ones posted by evgeny arm are smaller than i was planning on using . Not knowing how much smoother these smaller os gassers are im a bit concerned going to a 28 gram servo.

My battery of choice will be a life 2s pack..

Ahicks my thoughts as well on placing equipment where they need to be to balance. But sometimes it may need more. I usually use a larger mah pack or a heavier motor,depending on how much weight is needed. I hate adding dead weight or any extra weight at all.
I'll be sure to have it on my cg balancer when installing the equipment.
I could probably shed a couple of oz tossing the stock fuel tank and going with a 8 oz fiji bottle. =)

Perhaps Mattnew can give some info as far as how this plane balances. Thanks for the help Gents.

My best bet is probably to get it all ready to go minus the engine and see what i could use.

with the 10GX it was roughly around or just under 7lbs. We were able to install the servos in the stock locations and balance using the battery packs.

You do need standard sized servos, probably in the 60-80 oz/in range. There are some big surfaces on this model, and its a big plane even though they describe it as a .40 sized plane... I have a .40 sized cap 21 and this plane is huge compared to that... per their recommendations:
[h=3]Product Recommendations[/h]Please note: all recommendations were the best choices available at the time of product release. Please check with your hobby dealer for additional choices. For a complete list of required items, consult the instruction manual.
FUTL7627 FutabaŽ R617FS 7-Channel 2.4GHz FASST™ Receiver
FUTM0004 Futaba S3004 Standard Ball Bearing Servo (3 for glow, 2 for electric)
FUTM0222 Futaba S9252 High-Torque Digital Servo (2)
OSMG0548 O.S. EngineŽ 46AXII ABL Engine
OSMG0877 O.S. 72FS-a 4-Stroke Engine
OSMG0956 O.S. 56FS-a 4-Stroke Engine
OSMG0981 O.S. 81FS-a 4-Stroke Engine

The 10cc is roughly equivalent powerwise to the o.s. 46 2 stroke glow ......except it weighs more. just something to think about... but picking the 10cc motor is picking their smallest recommendation in a heavier case...

with the 10cc gas motor you'll get about a 100-150 feet of vertical from level flight. I'd describe it as scale-like, but I do wish it had more oomph.