Thread: one of ours
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 08:04 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Mongo ,

Yes , I know your correct , I know who the post refers to , and he and his family have my utmost sympathy for the tragic loss of their home . I too pray all his family and pets are safe and I hope the TUFF fundraiser has great success . Mongo , if you are a member of the TUFF club maybe you could suggest the club run one of those on line fundraisers like "Go Fund Me" or similar , to get the family as much help as possible ?

PS , I hope everybody here waits for HIS report of what happened , before they go on speculating if it was a Lipo fire or otherwise model aircraft related . At this point , coulda been a faulty stove or television set for all we know .

I apologize for not posting a report earlier...and I certainly appreciate all the well wishes! No it was not a LiPo fire...Just the run-of-the-mill everyday electrical fire LOL... Been a week and a day now... And if the fire wasn't enough, my truck developed a serious mechanical problem as well...when it rains it pours, I guess. Was able to tear into the transmission last night and fixed the problem...now back to motivating to take care of all the other mounting issues...

FWIW the house was a total loss...virtually burnt to the ground...but thank god my wife and dog escaped with our lives. Through this process I've learned a lot...especially about myself! One fact I can't help dwelling on is that against all my better judgment I ran into the burning house to save my dog! I could have much easier grabbed some valuable material possessions but I couldn't help myself and had to get my dear friend instead... Also leaned how lucky I am to have so many good friends as well! The selflessness and the things they have done is nothing short of amazing! This has reaffirmed everything I always knew...real friends are real, overall people are truly good, and most people really do understand we are in this one way ride together.

Probably won't be able to post here much for awhile (man, do I ever I hear the applause in the background! LOL)...lots to do...but I hope each and everyone of you take the time to spend as much time as possible with your family and friends...and be sure to check those smoke detectors...

Last edited by littlecrankshaf; 08-08-2015 at 08:07 PM.